What is a CASA?

CASA stands for Court Appointed Special Advocates.

Have you ever had a hard time explaining to a friend or coworker what a CASA volunteer does, or why someone should volunteer? CASA of Travis County has just made telling this story easier with a new video.  A special thank you to The For the City Network in Austin, Texas, for donating the production of this wonderful public education piece.


Human Blue Ribbon for Child Abuse Awareness Month in April
Human Blue Ribbon for Child Abuse Awareness Month in April

About Us

Richland County CASA Foundation, Inc.
501(c)(3)

Richland County CASA, formerly the Volunteer Guardian ad Litem Project, was formed in 1983 by the Junior League and governed by a non-profit board of directors. In the mid 80s the program was placed under the auspices of Richland County Government where it remains today. In July 2000, the program changed its name for increased visibility and definition of scope. Adopting the CASA name also allowed for a closer alignment with the National CASA Association. This unique public/non-profit partnership maximizes every dollar and has allowed Richland County CASA to be one of the most efficient programs in the country.

Richland County government and the State of South Carolina provide 70% of the funding needed to meet CASA’s operational needs. The Richland County CASA Foundation, which consist of CASA’s Board of Directors, provides the remaining 30%.

The Richland County Foundation is the 501(c )(3) nonprofit organization made up of committed community members who support Richland County CASA by raising public awareness and funds to support the program. The mission of Richland County CASA Foundation is to provide resources to fully support the mission of Richland County CASA.

RC CASA Board of Directors

Quietta B. Jordan, Esq, Term 2020, South State Bank

Lauren Acquaviva - Development Chair, Term 2018, SC Department of Revenue

Lee Ellen Bagley - Secretary, Term 2018, Gaffney, Lewis & Edwards, LLC

Allyce Bailey - Term 2019, Turner Padget Graham & Laney, PA

Linda Bartley Bailey - Term 2020, Richland County Recreation Commission

Zenata Donaldson - Vice Chair, Term 2019 (2nd Term), Exteris

Kendra Dove - Chair - Term 2018, Richland County Deputy Treasurer

Sean Foerster - Governance and Compliance Chair - Term 2018, Rogers Townsend & Thomas, PC

Brenda Gadson - Treasurer / Finance and Audit Chair - Term 2019, SC Retirement System Investment Commission

Paige Green - Executive Director, Richland County CASA

Millicent K. Jones - Term 2020, Colonial Life

Thomas Kennedy - Term 2019, Retired

Maggie Meekins - Term 2020, University of South Carolina Children's Law Center

Michelle Milliken - Term 2020, LPL Financial

Monica R. Owens - Term 2020, Alliant ASO

Schrendria Robinson - Term 2019, CEO Clear Vision Seminars & Consulting

Darci Strickland Rush - Communications Chair - Term 2018, WLTX 19

Annie Scott - Term 2020, Synovus Bank

Upcoming Events

There are no upcoming events at this time.

quarterbacks for children2400.JPG

Support our Foundation

All donations are tax deductible. Click the link to support Court Appointed Advocates for children. Please review our Giving Statement on our donors page.